Tuesday 10 July 2012

When Love is Lost...



She hadn't smiled in ages; this wasn't what the romance novels meant when it said 'happily ever after' life was cruel.

Gozie had lost his job two years after our marriage and from then on, things went spiralling down.
He had changed; the sweet pure and innocent love we once shared was now mutilated by the harsh realities of life.

He got a job eventually, but our relationship has deteriorated. He has gone back to the life he led before we met five years ago; drinking, clubbing, partying, women...

I always hoped he would outgrow those tendencies, but I guess I was wrong...

My parents warned me, but I was blinded by the bitter-sweet sensation of that pure youthful love.

Love, ah, love, what teenagers read about and youths search for, why do you elude me now?

I found it, ignoring the warnings of my parents and friends; I went on with it, now it is lost to me...


It was wonderful in the beginning, we had fun, but that is all we ever had, fun, and when the job was gone, everything went with it.

I have been here praying and hoping that he would be able to look at me without that guilt in his eyes of his inability to provide a better life for us.

We had dreams, I inspired him, pushed him beyond his limits. His life, he changed for me but he has changed again, like a chameleon, he changes ever so often, loving this moment and the next, I am hiding a black eye from my mother's piercing gaze.

I was blinded by foolish love, I should have taken other things into consideration, my mother told be from friendship would come love, I laughed at her and thought her stupid, now I regret.

Yes, they say love is blind, mine was but now the scales have fallen from my eyes and the harsh wind of reality has hit me, sinking its cold claws into my once feeble heart.





I loved you Gozie, I have tried and I guess it’s time to move on....


Is happiness very important in a marriage or relationship? Should I leave? Or endure the pain? What if he should change? What if he doesn't? I do not believe in this love anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment