Monday 23 July 2012

Ladies: Food for thought


I don’t blame the man that said beauty is pain.
Women go through a lot of things to be able to catch a guy's eye or more still,be accepted by fellow women. Sometimes I think the pressure to do all the beauty routines; the expensive hair, beautiful nails, fake lashes, the spa every month bla bla bla, is more from the ladies than the men.

For instance, some Naija girls want to wear expensive hair not so they can attract a guy, but so they can 'feel among' when in the midst of other chics. It has been proven time and time again that beauty is not the outward appearance only, but character, carriage and attitude are also determining factors.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I didn’t say looking good is bad but lady, once you leave your 'comfort zone', put a lid on it! The end point of surpassing one’s limit is disguised prostitution or becoming a chronic debtor leading to eventual embarrassment and harassment from creditors.

It’s no news that some of the men whose fancy ladies catch with the whole charade, just want to 'get the cookie' and move on. Remember when the prince of Spain defied all odds and married a commoner? Yes, such things do happen.
I once heard a guy say 'show me a beautiful woman and I would show you a guy who is tired of sleeping with her'. Outward beauty is not the ‘alpha and omega’.
After all these, one would think I am against looking good, don’t get me wrong, as I said before, stay within your comfort zone, by that, I mean CASH!!! Yes, money,one’s body type and personality too.



Sometimes I sit and wonder whether it’s worth all the hassle (especially times like this when I can’t sleep because I braided my hair!!!).I know some would claim that they are making themselves happy. Well, don’t kid yourself; there is always another side to a coin.

My point exactly? Live your life for yourself! Don’t look at what people would say or how they would react to you because in the end, we all answer for ourselves individually.
Do what you are comfortable with and what makes you happy, not what makes others accept you (don't be selfish sha oh) after all YOLO!

2 comments: